The Hemlock Programming Language
Programming without surprises
Hemlock is a functional programming language that emphasizes readability,
performance, and safety.
It has the following features:
- Pattern matching
- Automatic currying
- Immutability by default
- Referential transparency
- Disciplined side effects
- Readable, consistent syntax
- Hygienic macros
And a batteries-included philosophy:
- Dependency management
- Concurrency & parallelism
- Full-featured toolchain:
- Dependency manager
- Desktop, mobile, web, cloud support
- Literate programming support
Hemlock is rare among programming languages
The Hemlock Philosophy
- Explicit is better than implicit.
- Words are easier to type than symbols and abbreviations, and easier to read.
Reading and writing Hemlock code should be as easy as reading and writing